Shavasana is not a part of Kriya Yoga. However it helps you to relax and
recharge your body so that you can commence other activities. After your kriya practice is over lie down in Shavasana for at least 10 minutes. This will
remove tiredness of body and mind and will help you to quickly bring your
awareness to back to normal.
- Lie down on your back
- Keep your feet bit away from each other
- Place your hands by the side of your trunk with palms facing
- Make your breathing rhythmic
- When you breath in abdominal wall moves up
- When you breath out it goes down
- As you inhale, mentally chant ‘Sooo…’
- When you exhale, mentally chant ‘Hammm’
- Keep on doing this until all thoughts are removed
- Now slowly move your awareness to Mooladhara chakra
- Visualize a bright red lotus there
- Feel that the Mooladhara region is totally relaxed and
- Now one by one move your awareness at each chakra from
Mooladhara to Ajna spending equal time at each chakra
- By the time you reach Ajna you should be feeling very
relaxed and calm
- Maintain this feeling as long as you can Slowly get up and
end your practice
Bipin Joshi is a software consultant, an author and a yoga mentor with more than 22 years of experience in classical yoga system of India. He is an internationally published author and has authored or co-authored more than ten technology books for Apress and WROX press. He has been awarded as a Most Valuable Professional by Microsoft. He has also written a few Marathi books including Devachya Davya Hati and Natha Sankentincha Danshu. Having embraced yoga way of life he also teaches Kriya and Meditation to selected individuals.
बिपीन जोशी लिखित देवाच्या डाव्या हाती आणि नाथ संकेतींचा दंशु या पुस्तकांची आपली प्रत आजच विकत घ्या. त्यांच्या अजपा योग मार्गदर्शनाविषयी अधिक माहिती येथे उपलब्ध आहे.