Flavors of Yoga
There are many flavors of Yoga. Some of them are given below:
- Hatha-yoga : Physical and breathing exercises
- Kundalini-yoga : Awaking and energizing various chakras from the
- Bhakti-yoga : Cultivation of ecstatic spiritual relationship with
- Mantra-yoga : Chanting of sacred prayers and names of God
- Nada-yoga : Meditation on the Absolute in sound vibration
- Raja-yoga : The eight limbed path of transcendental knowledge
- Karma-yoga : Work as spiritual service
Though there are many paths their final goal is the same - union with God (or
the Divine power). Which path one chooses depends on individual mind-body
conditions. The path which is suitable for one may not be suitable to the other.
That is why it is always said that one should practice Yoga under the able
guidance of a Guru. Without guidance there is chance of going fruitless or even
causing damage (some techniques really need careful attention) to the mind-body
Bipin Joshi is a software consultant, an author and a yoga mentor with more than 22 years of experience in classical yoga system of India. He is an internationally published author and has authored or co-authored more than ten technology books for Apress and WROX press. He has been awarded as a Most Valuable Professional by Microsoft. He has also written a few Marathi books including Devachya Davya Hati and Natha Sankentincha Danshu. Having embraced yoga way of life he also teaches Kriya and Meditation to selected individuals.
बिपीन जोशी लिखित देवाच्या डाव्या हाती आणि नाथ संकेतींचा दंशु या पुस्तकांची आपली प्रत आजच विकत घ्या. त्यांच्या अजपा योग मार्गदर्शनाविषयी अधिक माहिती येथे उपलब्ध आहे.